At Mountaintop we focus on providing a first-rate Montessori education for all of our students. While we are not a daycare center, we do offer many scheduling options to provide a consistent, nurturing environment for children whose families have busy work schedules.
- year-round programs: We offer one all-day, year-round Children's House classroom (for preschool and kindergarten level students) and one all-day, year-round Toddler classroom. Spaces in these classrooms are limited. Year-round is also available at the elementary level.
- after-school: Care is available for students until 5:30 p.m. Families who rely on being able to use this service regularly include it in their enrollment contract for the year. Drop-in spaces in the after-school program may be available for families who only need after-school care occasionally.
- before-school: Parents who need to bring their children to school prior to drop-off at 8:10 can use the before-school program. Students can come to before-school as early as 7:30 a.m.
- after-school enrichment classes: We offer a wide variety of after-school classes for children age 3-8th grade. Whether your child is interested in sports or spanish or crafting their own bow and arrow, we've got a class for them. Learn more here.
- summer program and spring break camp: Our summer camps open the week after the academic year ends in June and operate through mid-August. Visit http://www.mountaintopseedproject.org to learn more about our camps. Parents can anticipate having two weeks in late August when the school is closed while we prepare for the new school year. Children's House and elementary students can also attend camp during the week that school is closed for spring break.
- care on days that school is closed during the academic year: There are several days each school year when the classrooms are closed for particular purposes such as parent conferences and faculty professional development. We offer optional care for students in our Children’s House, elementary and middle school classes on these days from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The days for which we do not offer care when school is closed include national holidays and a two-week winter break.
- care during events for adults: Parents are invited to a number of parenting education, social and fundraising events each year. To help enable parents to take advantage of these opportunities, we offer care for our students while parents attend.
Our calendar for the school year is available online and can be imported into a variety of calendar applications to help families plan.