Mountaintop Montessori is seeking reliable and hard working substitute teachers to support our students in toddler (18-months) through grade 8. No previous teaching experience necessary. Substitutes support a lead teacher (no direct teaching) in maintaining a safe learning environment. This is a fun and flexible job with the opportunity to build lasting relationships.
- Supervise students during classroom, playground, lunch and snack periods
- Supervise nap when working with children in preschool programs
- Classroom organization and cleaning
COVID Vaccination Requirements: Mountaintop Montessori expects all employees, including new hires, to be vaccinated unless they have a medical or religious reason not to do so. Proof of vaccination will be required during pre-employment processing. Medical or religious exemption from vaccination provided.
Mountaintop is committed to offering equal opportunities in all of its enrollment and employment practices. Mountaintop does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, family makeup, marital status, age, socio-economic level, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, learning style, or any other protected category. Mountaintop is committed to ensuring that non-discrimination applies to all areas of enrollment and employment.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Criminal background check and fingerprinting are required
- Must have regular, reliable, predictable attendance in performance of essential job functions
- Experience working with children
- Ability to work effectively with parents, co-workers, and diverse communities
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills, initiative, creativity, and flexibility, including the ability to evaluate and make changes as necessary to ensure a successful program experience.
- First Aid/CPR certification is preferred but not required
- The ability to sit on the floor with students, lift 30 pounds, and bend down to a child's eye level
- Pay: $15.00/hr.
- Professional development opportunities
- A supportive and respectful work environment
Interested applicants should email a resume to Mary Reitsma, Director of Camps and Afterschool programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.