Mountaintop Montessori is seeking reliable and hard working substitute teachers to support our students in toddler (18-months) through grade 8. We are looking for caring and energetic people who can help maintain a safe learning environment and provide support to students. The ideal candidate must have a loving commitment to working with children. This is a fun and flexible job where you get to build lasting relationships and interact with a variety of personalities.
Responsible for the well being of the children in the classroom as well as supporting with a variety of tasks that include, but are not limited to : classroom organization, cleaning, playground supervision and lunch supervision. When working with toddlers or Children's House (3-6 years) age levels, substitutes may also have nap supervision duties.
- Have a joyful disposition and love of working with children
- Have the ability to interact with students and co-workers in a warm, empathetic, confident manner
- Have the ability to be flexible and follow the needs of young children
- Have the ability to squat & sit on the floor
- Be willing to learn about the Montessori method
- Be flexible
- Be able to clear TB test and criminal background check upon hire
- Some experience working with children