Mountaintop Montessori is seeking reliable and hard working substitute teachers to support our students in toddler (18-months) through grade 8. We are looking for caring and energetic people who can help maintain a safe learning environment and provide support to students. The ideal candidate must have a loving commitment to working with children. This is a fun and flexible job where you get to build lasting relationships and interact with a variety of personalities.
Responsible for the well being of the children in the classroom as well as supporting with a variety of tasks that include, but are not limited to : classroom organization, cleaning, playground supervision and lunch supervision. When working with toddlers or Children's House (3-6 years) age levels, substitutes may also have nap supervision duties.
- Have a joyful disposition and love of working with children
- Have the ability to interact with students and co-workers in a warm, empathetic, confident manner
- Have the ability to be flexible and follow the needs of young children
- Have the ability to squat & sit on the floor
- Be willing to learn about the Montessori method
- Be flexible
- Be able to clear TB test and criminal background check upon hire
- Some experience working with children
Activity/Field Trip Bus Driver
Mountaintop is seeking to hire experienced school bus drivers for the summer camp program as well as for on call activity transportation and occasional overnight field trips during the school year.
The Bus Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transportation of elementary and middle school students, on school/camp day outings and overnight field trips. Must complete pre and post vehicle inspections on each trip. The school bus driver must meet all Federal, State, and Local requirements, obey all traffic laws and operate the school bus safely.
In general, the schedule will include Tuesday and Thursday full-day bus trips June through August with our ecology-based summer camp program. During the school year, the occasional trips range from a full day to only a few hours. In the course of a year, there are also a few field trips out of the area that may require overnight stay.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid VA commercial driver's license (CDL) - Class B with P-S endorsement
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Qualified DMV report
- As a condition of employment, a criminal background check and fingerprinting are required